aetherius
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the aetherius legion forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On making lizard stew

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SLaM

SLaM

On making lizard stew Empty
PostSubject: On making lizard stew   On making lizard stew EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 6:47 pm

....i love cooking..ever since i was a kid, i was already experimenting in the kitchen...after hell raising in college for a couple a years..i went on to culinary school...to be uhm, whats the word.."professional" i think ROFL..
anyways...i believe anything is "cookable"..mind you, not edible but "cookable" Twisted Evil

now on to our topic, ...flavor, my fellow aetherians, comes from the fat and the bones...two of the things removed(or reduced)..especially in the more "health conscious" countries...now you know why chicken breast..is rather dry n bland(fat also imparts moisture)...and why a thick, well marbled steak is juicy n tender...(marbling is the fat in between the fibres of muscle)...and why stock(clear broth made from bones) is always if not often used as a flavor base for sauces n gravies and the like....

for example...here in the philippine islands..it is common practice, especially by the older folk..that when cooking for a example a chicken stew..they render(let the fat/oil come out of the meat) and saute the chicken in its own fat...for more flavor...try it..its good LOL

so anyway...any of you tried exotic food? like monitor lizard stew?? ROFL..its popular in the remote provinces, especially paired with alcohol(it makes eating it less icky i guess What a Face )....

if you happen to get it into your head to make lizard stew...(i'm assuming you'd also be the one to butcher it)...DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT use the layer of fat that lines the wall between the stomach and its skin...its gives off the most disgusting reptilian smell, once heated!! ROFL

and remember to save the skin for your belt or boots Twisted Evil

for more on twisted cooking..just give me a shout out...but also i'm willing to help on your normal cooking questions ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sabriel
Admin
Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: On making lizard stew   On making lizard stew EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 7:47 pm

You are definitely in charge of our next legion BBQ lol Razz:P:P

One lizard stew and geppy omelette pls Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr.Zippy

Mr.Zippy

PostSubject: Re: On making lizard stew   On making lizard stew EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 9:02 pm

CAN i Be his ASSISTAN =D i can make one Good Monkey Soup Xd an dont forgeT Paw N tail on a stick XD
Back to top Go down
Sabriel
Admin
Sabriel

PostSubject: Re: On making lizard stew   On making lizard stew EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 11:56 pm

omg ewwww, a cursed Monkey's Paw in our legion soup?? XD

I hope you use many flavorings and spices to mask the taste of that shriveled and ancient paw. Pls skip out on the MSG though Shocked santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On making lizard stew   On making lizard stew Empty

Back to top Go down

On making lizard stew
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
aetherius :: Chit Chat :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: